Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A BLOG!

I have just started a graduate course on using technology in the classroom.  I am very excited about the idea of learning more about technology and how it can be useful to me and my students.  BUT...I am so nervous!  I have never heard of a blog before.  Much less how to use it.  So my 14 year old son sat down with me to help me get started (thanks Austin!).

I have a lot of ideas on how to use a blog, but to start I am hoping to use it as a networking site for all OT's, parents and teachers to come together and share ideas on how to best serve our students.  I have so many questions and many things to share with others and this will be a fun way to do this!

I am an OT in our school district.  I serve students K-9 with a wide range of diagnosis; autism, learning disabilities, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, moderate to severe cognitive disabilities, etc.  I absolutely love my job and feel very blessed with the staff, students and families I work with.

Today I did a craft activity at the junior high with my students in the SMI classroom.  I am pretty excited about our project and thought for those of you that incorporate craft into your time you may want to try!  We made tissue paper bowls and I have included the website link on my directory of resources.  Check it out!  We had a ton of fun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment